By Dr. Ron Pierce, Biola University
- In both spiritual and functional equality of all believers in Christ, not for personal rights but for godly service.
- That husbands and wives should lovingly yield to one another in all aspects of Christian marriage.
- That women and men may serve together based on their gifts and callings in all aspects of church-related ministry.
By Mary Kassian, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- God created male and female as complementary expressions of the image of God. Both are counterparts in reflecting his glory
- Men have a responsibility to exercise headship in their homes and church family, but authority is not the right to rule; it’s the responsibility to serve.
- Males were designed to shine the spotlight on Christ’s relationship to the church in a way that females cannot. Females were also designed to shine the spotlight on the church’s relationship to Christ in a way that males cannot.