Photography by Emily Cariaga
Written by Kahlie Colwell
Theme 1: Be Spontaneous!
- Take a weekend road trip with some buddies.
- Plan a cheese fondue party. (Experiment with different cheeses? Ask the Cheese Society!)
- Buy an ugly plant and name it. (All the companionship without the hassle.)
- Ding dong ditch your neighbors and leave them a Mr. Potato Head.
Theme 2: Post-College Prep
- Attempt to make yourself dinner. (Remember: third times the charm!!!)
- Daydream about where you hope to live one day when you finish growing up.
- Apply for a summer internship.
- Update your résumé.
Theme 3: Experience Biola
- Ask for a photo with DBC. (Don’t forget to get his autograph too!)
- Soak up the sun while studying by Fluor Fountain.
- Attend an awkward Gyrad with a stranger.
- Bond with your floor mates during a floor retreat.
Theme 4: Get fit! (Really.)
- Bike to the beach. (Seal Beach: 30 Miles. Easy!)
- Pull out those old sneakers and join an intramural sports team.
- RUN up Caf hill.
Theme 5: Eat Healthier
- Satisfy your craving for ice cream with some tasty frozen yogurt.
- Catch as many grapes as you can with your mouth. (Invite your friends for a friendly competition!)
- Eat more dark chocolate. (Studies do prove it’s healthy!)
Theme 6: Grow Spiritually
- Record a prayer journal for one month. See how God grows you through the experience!
- Ask to be mentored by an older person from church, and learn from their wisdom.
- Intentionally and consistently pray for the needs of others.
- Make Saturday “Sabbathing” a regular part of your week with God.
Theme 7: Be Outdoorsy
- Be the ultimate backwoodsman and camp where there are no public facilities.
- Go for an afternoon picnic with friends at La Mirada Park. (Don’t forget the football!!!)
- Plant a small vegetable garden. (Pumpkins for pumpkin pie!)
- Feed the Biola ducks. (Instant way to make friends.)
Theme 8: Go Green!
- Scrape the rust off your bicycle and bike to the grocery store.
- Try out the handy, Biola Shuttle.
- Take five minute showers! (Doing the impossible!)
- Consciously choose to recycle.
- Carpool with friends. (And save a few bucks!)
Theme 9: Learn Financial Responsibility
- Apply for a job and save up hard-earned money.
- Track your spending habits with a yearly budget.
- Buy one less latte a week!
- Take Dr. Rick Bee’s Bible class “Faith and Money”.
Theme 10: Travel the World!
- Join a Biola missions team and see life from a new perspective.
- Immerse yourself in a new culture while studying abroad.
- Low on funds? Simply read “Around the World in 80 Days.”
Theme 11: Stay in Touch with Family
- Switch things up and send your family a care package! Send each member an item that reminds you of them.
- Good ol’ Skype date! That way even Fido can pop his head in and say hi!
- Write a letter. It’s always fun to get mail!
- Keep your family up to date with a blog of your grand adventures.
Theme 12: Start a Hobby
- Learn to knit so you can knit scarves for all your friends and family. Christmas shopping made simple!
- Choose an instrument with a funny name and learn to play it. Hurdy-gurdy? Didgeridoo?
- Dig up your old Pokemon cards and resume collecting ‘em all.
- Keep a book of quotes. (Jesus quotes automatically earn top spot.)
Theme 13: Do Something New
- Bravely exhibit your talent in some public forum. Punk N’ Pie talent show?
- Challenge yourself to run the LA marathon. Goal: FINISH.
- Learn to ride a unicycle.
- Write a book. (Even if you never publish it.)